Personal Safety for Lone Workers and First Aid Bundle
This course bundle is aimed at anyone working in a role that exposes them to situations in which they are left alone with customers or other members of the public.
In addition, people working in construction, hospitality, professional services and in roles such as laboratory technicians, administration and business consultancy may be required to work away from their colleagues and interact with customers and other members of the public.
Undertaking our Personal Safety for Lone Workers e-learning course can help you learn how to keep yourself safe and to keep your premises secure, thereby minimising potential risks. The First Aid module ties in with this and has an overall aim of providing an overview of how to act safely and effectively in the event of an incident requiring first aid assistance.
Personal Safety for Lone Workers
- Know what lone working is and why it is an issue worth finding out about.
- Be aware of the responsibilities your employer has to you and what responsibilities you have.
- Know the basic process of how people’s roles are assessed to see what potential risks exist from lone working.
- List some of the key questions you can ask to assess your own situation each time you work alone.
- Recall some key advice on how to act and what precautions to take in order to reduce the risks of lone working.
- Know what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident.
- Be able to assess the situation as a potential danger zone.
- Know the key processes to follow and what to do for each one: Danger, Response, Airways, Breathing, Circulation.
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and how to apply it.