Venomous snake bites three-year-old Lucia Carna, prompting first-aid lesson warning

The mother of a three-year-old girl bitten by a poisonous snake while playing at home is urging people to learn first-aid, which saved her daughter's life.

The mother of a three-year-old girl bitten by a poisonous snake while playing at home is urging people to learn first-aid, which saved her daughter’s life.

Lucia Carna was playing ball with her brother and grandmother on Thursday last week when she was bitten by the venomous snake, believed to be a dugite.

Lucia had unknowingly stepped on the snake after it emerged from a garden bed in a courtyard at her grandmother’s unit complex in Mandurah.

Her grandmother Jill kept Lucia still and wrapped her legs tight with bandages until an ambulance arrived and took her to Rockingham General Hospital.

 

Read full story here

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply