Delivery options (select at checkout):
1. Post to anywhere in the UK
2. Free local delivery to SL6 Postcode for all orders over £20
3. Click and Collect available from our office in Bray nr Maidenhead, Berkshire.
Pictures are for illustration only. Product brands and packaging may vary. Delivery options do not apply to purchases made through third party websites.
Bulk discounts available. These are listed on the product pages. If you are looking at larger volume purchasing contact us directly for a quotation.
Legionnaires Disease Awareness
This course has been designed to help raise awareness of Legionnaires’ disease by explaining how outbreaks might occur, and highlighting water systems that have a potentially high risk of developing the Legionnella bacterium.
Overview – Awareness of Legionnaires’ Disease
On average there are approximately 200 to 250 reported cases of Legionnaires’ disease each year in the UK, although many believe this total is generally underestimated. The disease is caused by the ‘Legionella pneumophilia’ bacteria and is an extremely serious form of Legionellosis, causing high fever and proving fatal in approximately 12% of cases.
In an attempt to help reduce these figures, this module has been developed by Virtual College working with partners Life Environmental Services. It has been designed to help raise awareness of Legionnaires’ disease by explaining how outbreaks might occur, and highlighting water systems that have a potentially high risk of developing the Legionnella bacterium.
On completion, learners will have an increased understanding of Legionnaires’ disease, including the potential consequences of an outbreak and the symptoms associated with the disease. The module also provides information on the relevant legislation and requirements for compliance.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Recognise the implications of a Legionnaires’ disease outbreak
- Summarise how Legionnaires outbreaks can occur in water handling systems
- Identify relevant legislation and the requirements for compliance
- Recognise the role of water handling system owners
- Recognise the role of water handling systems safety providers
- Identify higher risk water handling system
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.